Kanpur is a place that is remembered for its beauty and is one of the most beautiful cities in India. Kanpur is also the second biggest city of Uttar Pradesh after Lucknow and comes in the 12th place when talked about the most populous city of India. On the bank of eternally worshipped and sacred Ganga Kanpur city is located and this is regarded as the major industrial center due to its commercial, historical and religious proliferation across the cities and country.
Countless tourists every year visit this place in order to explore their venture with splendid historical and religious sites to make their cultural aspects more remarkable. Apart from the religious aspects, the city is famous for providing ample amount of eye-catching attractions and lay emphasis on these features too which entices tourists to visit this place on an occasional basis. Kanpur is also known for some of the dominant areas it is famous for like military airfield, universities, Law College, Indian Institute of technology and Museums. Surrounding the Ganges and Yamuna Rivers crops are grown due to the land fertility of alluvial plain. Major crops that are grown include wheat, barley, Jowar (Grain Sorghumm) and gram (chickpeas). Kanpur being the historic Hindu holy place it is famous for small temples of different god and goddesses that were built between the periods from 6th to 9th centuries.
- Allen forest zoo- it is the largest zoo of Kanpur surrounded by the amazing lake and dense forest and various categories of animals are there in this zoo-like white Asian Tigers, wide range of Monkey, Mammals, Jaguars, Asiatic Lions, Chimpanzees and Asian Tigers. Besides this zoo also has an aquarium.
- Kanpur city offers old monuments which reflect the history of this place.
- Memorial church, Massacre Ghat, Moti Jheel, Karma retreat and J.K temple are another major attraction of Kanpur city.
Cuisines and weather
- Kanpur city is renowned for Mughal cooking techniques and offers both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- The city also offers Nawabi and Punjabi dishes and will somewhere find similarities of Kashmiri and Hyderabadi cuisines as well.
- The City is located in the northern region so, during winters weather is extremely cold and during summer it goes too scorching.