Kanpur is a city in India known for producing high quality leather. The city is also famous for its diversity in terms of the different cultures and religions inhabiting the city.
Kanpur experiences a tropical monsoon type of climate. Although 32.2°C is considered to be the average temperature during the summers but sometimes the citizens have to bear a scorching heat of the sun when its hotness crosses 50.0°C in some parts of the city. The rainy season is either very dry or very wet while the winters are usually cold.
Kanpur has a population of 2,767,348 people and the majority of the population practices Hinduism followed by Islam, Christianity, Jainism, Sikhism and Buddhism respectively. A Fire temple is built at The Mall for the 35 Parsis in the city.
Hindi is the most widely spoken language in Kanpur but several people use Urdu or Awadhi language to communicate.
For The Greedy Guts
- Little Chef Restaurant: The restaurant is just perfect to spend your short breaks while having some quality fast food available here. The ambience is apt for families and friends.
- Antarang: The place is posh and has an elaborated menu with lots of good options to eat. It is a great place to enjoy some Indian cuisine.
- Shri Radhakrishna Temple: The peaceful ambience and the simple but elegant architecture of this place are pleasing to the eyes.
- Allen Forest Zoo: The management of this zoo makes sure that there is something new to see every time someone visits this place. The newly constructed area for nocturnal animals is quite an attraction for the visitors.
- Blue World Theme Park: The amusement park with ample of great restaurants, water slides and dry slides in one of the best places to visit in Kanpur. Over 35 different rides make this place a must visit for children as well as adults.